17 aug Risk Manager
Geïnteresseerd? Reageer op deze vacature!
BayWa is an international trading and services company in the agricultural sector with 17,000 employees worldwide and a turnover of approximately 15 billion euros. Our core business segments are Agriculture, (Renewable) Energy and Building Materials. Including franchise and partner companies, the Group has about 3,000 sales locations in 17 countries. BayWa’s office in Rotterdam, operating as BayWa Agri Supply & Trade or BAST, is the divisional headquarter of the agricultural commodity trading and supply operations of the various offices and includes shared services for the divisions across Europe.
Within the BAST group we buy, sell and distribute, in many countries, a total traded volume of around 25mln tons yearly. The traded volume mainly consists of grains and oilseeds used in the feed, food and fuel industries in Europe. By making use of both quantitative and qualitative analytics we support our trading and operational activities. Based on our 2024 strategy our aim is to extend our functional activity with specialty products, sustainable products and services to diversify the overall BAST portfolio.
Job description: Risk Manager – BayWa Agri Supply & Trade (BAST) 1 FTE
For the risk department of the agricultural commodity trading division of BayWa we are looking for a Risk Manager based in the Rotterdam headquarter office. BAST Risk oversees Market – and Counterparty Risk. And sets out risk policies for the operating companies. The Risk function believes in developing and applying high levels of risk management expertise and the performance o its duties using available tooling. The responsibility for applying Risk policies in the operating companies is held by the local office, with for standards and limit management at the center by BAST Risk.
The areas of responsibility and oversight for BAST Risk can be summarized as following:
1. Counterparty Risk (Credit and Compliance)
2. Market Risk
3. Regulatory Compliance in Commodity Trading
Beside the BAST Risk responsibilities, the department is also responsible for the operational risk management of Market – and Counterparty Risk for the operating companies of BAST in Rotterdam. Roughly 50% of the time of the BAST Risk team is used on these shared service center activities.
We are looking for a new candidate for a broad role within BAST Risk. Within this all-round function the employee should be able to manage all areas of responsibility of BAST Risk. It is possible to grow within this function.
• Validation of market prices
• Completeness check of positions
• Validation of report inputs and outputs
• Position/PnL Reporting to the trade-desk
• Freight and fuel risk reporting
• Limit tracking
• Screening of counterparties
• Country Risk assessments
• Position/PnL/VaR Analysis
• Prices series analysis
• Hedge analysis
• Limit setting/ extensions
• Reconciliation of risk results MtM with financial results, realized and unrealized MtM
• Regulatory reporting
• University Master degree with background in an analytical study (Econometrics/ Math/ Science, etc.)
• Starter – 5 years’ experience in market or credit risk at a commodity-related trading company
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office including (Excel/VBA)
• Fluent in English
• Knowledge of programming, MatLab and/or Python and/or comparable
• Has a hands-on attitude and pragmatic approach
• Excellent mathematical and numerical skills
• Combines strong analytics with rounded inter-personal skills
• Ability to work closely with the IT-department
Preferable Competences additionally
• Experience with Project management
• Experience with counterparty/credit risk
• Knowledgeable about Mark-to-Market valuation and Value at Risk
• Knowledge of options/ option valuation
• Knowledge of EU regulation relevant to commodity trading company’s (EMIR, MIFID II, MAR)
• Knowledge of US regulation relevant to commodity trading company’s (CFTC)
If you are interested in this vacancy, send your CV and a short motivation letter to Kim van der Meer (HR Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
Waarom werken bij Cefetra?
Cefetra is een toonaangevend internationaal supply chain manager in agricommodities in de feed-, food- en fuel industrie. De belangrijkste focus ligt op de verkoop aan de Europese mengvoederindustrie. De missie is om de nummer 1 in Europa te worden. Op jaarbasis handelt Cefetra BV ongeveer 18 miljoen ton landbouwmaterialen (omzet ca. € 4,5 miljard). Cefetra heeft een sterke groeiambitie. De productportfolio bestaat uit drie hoofdproductgroepen: granen, co-producten en soja.