10 jun Junior Quantitative Analyst
Junior Quantitative Analyst
Geïnteresseerd? Reageer op deze vacature!
Junior Quantitative Analyst
BayWa is an international trading and services company in the agricultural sector with 17,000 employees worldwide and a turnover of approximately 15 billion euros. Our core business segments are Agriculture, (Renewable) Energy and Building Materials. Including franchise and partner companies, the Group has about 3,000 sales locations in 17 countries. BayWa’s office in Rotterdam, operating as Cefetra Group, is the divisional headquarter of the agricultural commodity trading and supply operations of the various offices and includes shared services for the divisions across Europe.
Within the Cefetra group we buy, sell and distribute, in many countries, a total traded volume of around 20mln tons yearly. The traded volume mainly consists of grains and oilseeds used in the feed, food and fuel industries in Europe. By making use of both quantitative and qualitative analytics we support our trading and operational activities. Based on our 2024 strategy our aim is to extend our functional activity with specialty products, sustainable products and services to diversify the overall Cefetra portfolio.
Are you passionate about data, statistics & modelling? We are looking for a Junior Quantitative Analyst to mine, analyze and extract signals from our structured and unstructured datasets to support and improve Cefetra’s decision making. You will be working closely with other quants, but also with traders, market research and risk management in our Rotterdam office.
In this role you will leverage fundamental research, internal, and external datasets to support traders with their directional and relative positioning, but also support Quant Desk’s ambitions with (systematic) trading strategies. You will actively support various departments with your quantitative skillset, improving the overall data-driven decision making within the Cefetra group. You will report to the head of the Quant Desk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expand our outright and relative price forecasting models to identify trade opportunities, but also to signal risks within the current positioning.
- Provide our traders with technical analysis and money flow analysis to improve timing and positioning.
- Leverage our (fundamental) data & models, by designing, testing, and developing (systematic) trading strategies.
- Build quantitative models to support Market Research (e.g. yield prediction, demand forecasting).
- Investigate and extract signals from our internal and external datasets to create a more data-driven decision-making environment throughout Cefetra (e.g. logistics).
- Reconcile trade confirmations & statements.
What you will bring
- Master’s degree in Finance, Econometrics, or any other quantitative degree.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Experience with programming (preferable Python)
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Ability to express your ideas and thoughts to your colleagues clearly in English
- Competitive attitude, eager to learn, self-starter, proactive and able to work in a team.
- Passionate about working with data!
If you are interested in this vacancy, send your CV and a short motivation letter to Kim van der Meer (HR Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
Waarom werken bij Cefetra?
Cefetra is een toonaangevend internationaal supply chain manager in agricommodities in de feed-, food- en fuel industrie. De belangrijkste focus ligt op de verkoop aan de Europese mengvoederindustrie. De missie is om de nummer 1 in Europa te worden. Op jaarbasis handelt Cefetra BV ongeveer 18 miljoen ton landbouwmaterialen (omzet ca. € 4,5 miljard). Cefetra heeft een sterke groeiambitie. De productportfolio bestaat uit drie hoofdproductgroepen: granen, co-producten en soja.